Bosch idos wiring harness
Hi,
I have been having issues with my bosch series 8 washing machine WAWH8660. The machine kept beeping with error code 00 and 81. I replaced the idos tray which seemed to work for a while. Then a few days later the same error. I opened the top of the machine and can see some dust on the wiring harness.
I cleaned this from the top as I was unable to work out how to get the cable out. I would like to take the blue harness out and clean with contact cleaner but does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks
Solution Summary
AI-generated from this discussion
This thread was marked as solved. Here's a summary of the problem and the fix, generated from the discussion below.
Bosch WAWH8660 i-DOS errors 00 and 81; connector cleaning not supported as a fix
- The problem
- Bosch Series 8 WAWH8660 washing machine was beeping and showing error codes 00 and 81. The i-DOS tray had already been replaced and appeared to help temporarily, but the same fault returned. The owner then found dust on the wiring harness at the top of the machine and asked how to remove the blue connector to clean it with contact cleaner.
- Likely cause
- The exact cause was not confirmed. The discussion does not support dust on the wiring harness or the connector as a proven cause of error codes 00 and 81, and the accepted reply specifically doubted that spraying switch/contact cleaner would fix this type of fault.
- What fixed it
- The accepted advice was that contact or switch cleaner is unlikely to repair this fault. It was suggested that removing the connector block would probably require removing the unit it sits on from the top of the machine and pulling it clear of the back casing. No confirmed repair for the fault codes was provided.
- Checks to try
- Observed error codes 00 and 81
- i-DOS tray replaced previously with only temporary improvement
- Visual check found dust on the wiring harness at the top of the machine
- Parts or tools mentioned
- i-DOS tray
- contact cleaner/switch cleaner
Safety: Further diagnosis should be carried out by a suitably qualified appliance engineer.
2 Answers
Hi. I can't rule it out, but in my 40 odd years of repairing appliances, I don't think I ever fixed a fault by spraying anything with switch cleaner. Switch cleaner is more designed to clean potentiometers and switches inside where they are inaccessible, rather than these types of connections.
To get the connector block off I would expect the unit it sits on would need to be removed from the top of the machine and pulled clear of the back casing.
Have you seen any explanation of the error codes? I can't see any in my book, although to be fair it's very much out of date now.
Need Professional Help or Spare Parts?
No experience of this part (these contraptions all appeared after I retired) but looking at the photo i`d say you would either gently lever up the white tang in the middle and then pull the blue bit backwards at a guess. There again you might have to depress the center blue tang and then pull the blue connector block out but more likely to be the latter than the former.
Your Answer
Sign in to share your expertise and post an answer.
Related Questions
My Bosch washing machine is stuck on 33 minutes remaining
1 answer • 1 reply
Bosch washing machine door lock accidentally triggered with the door open – how I reset it
0 answers • 2 replies
Key symbol and circular symbol with small and large water droplets on Bosch Series 6 Anti-Stain washing machine
1 answer • 3 replies
Bosch Avantixx Washing Machine Not Draining
1 answer • 4 replies
How does one remove front panel to gain access to the drain pump of a Bosch VarioPerfect Serie | 4 model WAN24001GB/19 ?
1 answer • 15 replies
BOSCH WDU28560GB fan running??
1 answer • 1 reply
Bosch I DOS system any good?
1 answer • 2 replies
Bosch washer drum not rotating
1 answer • 1 reply
WAU28T51GB/01 won't drain
1 answer • 23 replies
Bosch serie 8 bearings
1 answer • 1 reply
